Membership of the Friends of the Biennial Club brings you a number of benefits:
- Free admission to the 31st Biennial of Graphic Arts (28 August – 3 December 2015) and other exhibitions
- A yearly excursion
- Viewing of a selected artist’s studio
- Christmas card in the form of an original fine art print
- Booklet with the annual programme
- Guided tours of the exhibitions
- Invites to openings and events
- 15% discount on all MGLC publications
- 15% discount on all workshops and courses
- 15% discount on purchases of fine art prints
- A welcome gift when signing up.
Members of the Friends of the Biennial Club are welcome to join the art excursion To the Zasavje Districts – Along the Paths of Creativity of Janez Knez free of charge.
The show presents all of the artist’s paths and side paths, his creative output in printmaking and drawing, which is complemented by individual paintings and sculptures as highlights of his multifaceted engagement.
Curator: mag. Breda Škrjanec
Displayed are the prints from the Graphics of Capitalist Realism print portfolio from 1967 and the Weekend portfolio from 1972, both by Edition Block from Berlin. Today, the artists of the works are established and world-fames names in the art world: Joseph Beuys, René Block, KP Brehmer, KH Hödicke, Peter Hutckinson, Arthur Köpcke, Manfred Kuttner, Konrad Lueg, Sigmar Polke, Gerhard Richter and Wolf Vostel. Curator: René Block
6 August – 3 December
Thursday, 6 August, at 11 am, exhibition opening
NLB Gallery Avla
The exhibition presents an important segment of the Biennial archive – the poster for the event. The organizers were well aware of the importance of catalogue and poster design already from the outset. The 1950s and 1960s are known to be a period during which Slovenian graphic design flourished, which was, similarly to Slovenian printmaking, in the mainstream of European events.
5th International Exhibition of Graphic Arts, author Ivan Picelj