Become A FRIEND OF THE BIENNIAL
A FRIEND OF THE BIENNIAL receives the following benefits in 2019:
• Free admission to all exhibitions.
• Free of charge art excursion.
This time we will be heading to the Gorenjska region, more precisely to Škofja Loka and its surroundings. We will be taking a look at the Loka Castle collections, the Škopar House, the Grohar Gallery and the granary with the works of Mihelič.
At the end, we will also visit Visoko, Tavčar’s source of inspiration for writing the historical novel The Visoko Chronicle. The 17th-century rustic mansion lies in the embrace of the surrounding hills and forests, not far from the Poljanska Sora river. With the beginning of the 20th century, the former Kalan Estate became known as the Tavčar Manor after the Slovenian writer and politician Ivan Tavčar. Besides the former residential building, which houses permanent exhibitions and a beautiful wedding hall, there is an extensive outbuilding with a typical double hayrack. The writer had a chapel with a family tomb placed at the edge of the forest, where he was buried himself. There is also a striking bronze statue of the writer close by, with gaze directed towards Poljane, his place of birth.
• Viewing of a selected artist's printmaking studio.
Tanja Pak, artist and professor at the Academy of Fine Arts and Design, who completed her master’s degree at the Royal College of Art in London, is inviting us to join her in her studio at Švicarija. She dedicates her attention to sculpture, spatial art installations and design of useful objects. Her favourite medium is glass, through which she passes on her stories and feelings since it remains a persistent challenge to her precisely because of its variable and elusive nature. She says that they are constantly searching and trying each other out. She exhibits all over the world and her works are included in international collections and publications.
• Pre-festive workshop making original New Year's greeting cards. The workshop is conducted by Admir Ganić, printing master.
• New Year's greeting card – a small fine art graphic print by an invited artist.
• 30% discount on all MGLC publications
• 15% discount on all workshops and courses
• 15% discount on purchases of fine art graphic prints.
• A fine art graphic print from the MGLC Print Studios upon the recommendation and signing up of a new member.
• 10% discount on the renewal of membership.
• A welcome gift when signing up.
• 12-month membership fee: 25 €
• 12-month membership fee for those aged 60 years and over, 14 years and under, pupils and students: 15 €
You can join the Club of the Friends of the Biennial of the International Centre of Graphic Arts by filling in the Membership Form and presenting your identity card and pupil/student ID card at the MGLC Ticket Office and paying the appropriate membership fee. Your Membership Card will be sent to you within 14 days of joining, or can alternatively be picked up at the MGLC Ticket Office. The membership card is valid for one year from the date of joining.