Become A FRIEND OF THE BIENNIAL
A FRIEND OF THE BIENNIAL receives the following benefits in 2018:
• Free admission to all exhibitions.
• Free expert excursion to the centre of Slovenia, where we will also stop at the Museum of Too Modern Art. The idea for the museum concept was born in 1998 when the works of Oliver Marčeti were returned to the artist by an eminent Ljubljana gallery with the justification that they were too modern. We will take a look at the current exhibition and the permanent exhibition of the protagonists of the Too Modern Movement in the company of the ideological head of the museum. We will then proceed to the geometric centre of Slovenia – Vače, see the replica of the famous Vače situla and other archaeological finds from the 5th and 6th centuries before Christ. Our journey will conclude at Bogenšperk Castle, where Johann Weichard von Valvasor lived and worked. He was inspired by German topographical painting in conceiving his ambitious publishing programme. Since there were no printing companies in Carniola at the time that could prepare the visual material for his planned topographic works, he set up a printmaking and copper-plate engraving workshop and printer's himself: "I was also – without bragging – the first to introduce copper-plate printing to this famous duchy. Yes, here at Bogenšperk, I made such a workshop myself in 1678, keeping copper engravers and printers with me at the castle for several years." (The Glory of the Duchy of Carniola, vol. 11, p. 620)
• Viewing of a selected artist's printmaking studio.
This time, Zora Stančič has invited us to her studio. If you ask Zora Stančič whether she is a visual artist or a graphic artist, she will reply that she is a visual artist. "My work is produced in various mediums, so I say that I am a visual artist. Still, I can say that I think printmaking is the most exciting." Her works are held in the permanent collections of the Museum of Modern Art in Ljubljana, the Albertina in Vienna, the Fonds national d'art contemporain/National Foundation for Contemporary Art in Paris and the Zimmerli Art Museum in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. She also works in other fields such as architecture, design and film.
• Pre-festive workshop making original New Year's greeting cards. The workshop is conducted by Admir Ganić, printing master.
• New Year's greeting card – a small fine art graphic print by an invited artist.
• 30% discount on all MGLC publications
• 15% discount on all workshops and courses
• 15% discount on purchases of fine art graphic prints.
• A fine art graphic print from the MGLC Print Studios upon the recommendation and signing up of a new member.
• 10% discount on the renewal of membership.
• A welcome gift when signing up.
• 12-month membership fee: 25 €
• 12-month membership fee for those aged 60 years and over, 14 years and under, pupils and students: 15 €
You can join the Club of the Friends of the Biennial of the International Centre of Graphic Arts by filling in the Membership Form and presenting your identity card and pupil/student ID card at the MGLC Ticket Office and paying the appropriate membership fee. Your Membership Card will be sent to you within 14 days of joining, or can alternatively be picked up at the MGLC Ticket Office. The membership card is valid for one year from the date of joining.